Okay, so I've been horrible at updating this week. In my defense, I've been sick almost all week and all free time has been devoted to sleeping. Aside from that, I've been growing on job interviews- trying to find a replacement for the hellish nightmare that was tutoring.... and.... as of Friday evening I am gainfully re-employed!
I'm going to be a receptionist for the River Oaks Animal Hospital. I think I will enjoy it. I had a working interview on Friday, which basically meant a crash course in the appointment computer system. I took lots of notes and hopefully I won't be completely overwhelmed on Monday (when I start). The people there are really nice and its a busy office and I'll get to see lots and lots of kitties and puppies. Extra awesome is that I can either wear scrubs or jeans and a polo shirt. No more ugly button downs.
Also awesome is that I adopted a new kitty this afternoon. Sadly (kinda) the owners for my foster kitty came and claimed her so I had to return her yesterday. I was welling up after dropping her off. Its probably for the better though, since she never really liked Larry. Anyway, the SPCA is adopting pets again and I dragged Jack there this afternoon to help me find another kitty. I had full intentions of *not* adopting a little kitty, but finding an older one. Okay, so lets be honest and just get it out of the way and say I'm a sucker for tiny, fuzzy things. After waiting in a ridiculous line to get approved for adoption we went and looked around. Jack had already picked out some that he liked, including an absolutely adorable 3 month old itty-bitty calico.
We got to play with her for awhile and she is really sweet and really loud. I'll pictures up tomorrow because she is still at the SPCA being "altered." I've decided to name her Larynx and call her Ari. For those of you that know the origins of Larry's name, you'll appreciate that Larynx was a type of missile developed by Great Britain between the world wars. I thought it was also fitting because of her extreme vocalness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope we get pictures soon! :)
Congrats on the new job and the kitty!
Post a Comment