So this is my first real blog post outside of livejournal. I guess I wanted something that would document my life more frequently (and in as much or little detail as I want). Don't get me wrong, I love/d having an lj but I guess since I'm growing up it was time to move on. If nothing else I want to document the next year at least, as a traverse the crazy world that is starting anew after college. It's the first time in 17 years that I will not be attending classes on a frequent basis and instead am trading the freedom of academia for a real job. This next year is also going to be filled with applications for a graduate program in social work. (Fingers crosses that I'll get in!)
The last year has been a rocky one and when I was looking for a title for the blog I wanted something that would remind me of the good points from 2007. Metaphors, Question Marks, and Fireflies is a line taken from my favorite song sung by the Rice Phils ("Fireflies" by Dave Senft). I absolutely love fireflies and I feel as though life right now is full of question marks and metaphors.
I recently returned from Korea (okay, recently in like 7 hours ago) and hope to get the pics up soon. I think that I learned a lot on the trip, or at least I hope I learned a lot. My mind has been spinning with small details and history and my mind was spinning the entire 12 hour flight back from Tokyo. But now I should sleep since I need to get back on a semi-normal sleep schedule.
Ciao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sleep is good. You need to post a link to this journal in your facebook or lj profile so I can find it again. I'm too lazy to bookmark~
i put it on my facebook profile for easy access
Post a Comment