Thursday, May 29, 2008

Time Traveling Blues

It's 7:30 in the morning and I'm still wide awake. I'm at least slightly less emotional now. I talked to Kyle on AIM last night and pretty much had a tear fest. Come on emotions, figure yourself out. Good grief I need to find a new therapist. Dr. Baumgartner was so good. He was easy to talk to and very conversational. I'm sure that Dr. Solway is a good psychologist, but we're just not clicking and its been a month almost since I've seen him, which is probably not good for me considering how eventful May was in general. I wish that my brain would sort itself out on its own. There is probably a good lesson to be learned about everything. I can't imagine that in the long run I wouldn't be able to use my experiences in my life.

Television at 7:30 sucks btw. I have Dora the Explorer on, which teaches me nothing except to dislike Dora the Explorer. I want to go to sleep badly. Taking Ambien is kinda out of the question. There is already too much coursing through my veins. Especially since over the last 2 nights of taking it, I've subscribed to Netflix and bought 14 songs on iTunes (of which, I only remember listening to like 6) so I'm leery of taking more and then buying a jet ski on ebay. Oh goody, they are singing the backpack song thing.

Studying physics should help put me to sleep. I need to read the next chapter anyway so I'll be caught up when I go into work. I think I might also have something somewhat related to the flu, as I feel quite yucky on top of everything else. Geez this is a grouchy post. I apologize to anyone reading. Dora is trying to get a soccer team together. I am slightly repulsed. On one hand, she is supposed to be Spanish/ Mexican and I understand that soccer is a really big sport in the rest of the world, especially Latin America so it would make sense that she would play that. Soccer is also just a really popular sport in general. On the other hand, however, why is she limited to soccer? Why doesn't she take up canoeing or bobsledding. Also, they are on the hunt to find the soccer goal. I disagree that the net should be around a big tree and over a giant dinosaur tail. Nets should be at the end of the field. This is quite ridiculous, even for Nick Jr. Even for the sleep deprived and sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire! Sorry you're not feeling great. I'm around if you want to hang out! Also, I too hate Dora the Explorer, but my niece (who's 2) loves it--and she responds to it in Spanish, which is pretty adorable. Btw, I can't believe physics is a pre-req for social work...it makes no sense. Much like me having to take photography as a pre-req for nursing. What kind of crackhead comes up with these pre-reqs?