Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day-Tripper

Today Jim, Sandra, and I day-tripped to Uvalde, which is just southwest of San Antonio so it was a 4.5 hour drive each way. The drive was pretty pleasant. We saw lots and lots of really random small Texas town things and ate lunch at a BBQ place that was inside a store that sells feed, apparel, accessories, guns, and archery equipment. It was a unique experience to say the least. The memorial service was nice and as Jim calls it "indigenous" to small towns in the way that it proceeded. I didn't know Jordan, but I'm glad that I was able to go and support Peter and Sara and Peter's family.

In insomnia news, I am still not sleeping. I went to bed at midnight and got up at 3 because I just couldn't stay asleep anymore. I'm really hoping that after 3/4 nights of not sleeping more than a few hours I might actually be able to sleep tonight. I'm worried that it might be something with my medicine because up until now I had been needing around 9 hours a night. There is a slight concern on my part that the medication might be making me slightly manic (which I actually think is a unreal possibility). The better explanation is that I slept a ton right after I got home from Korea and now my sleep schedule is completely out of whack. Tomorrow I have a work meeting so I should probably go and take another SAT practice test. I've been rereading physics and its making a lot more sense this time around. :-)

Jack is in Thailand right now eating delicious Thai food. Real Thai food. Okay, so he's probably not actually eating Thai food, but I really want to refind the amazing hole in the wall restaurant near downtown. It was soooo good.

No comments: