Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lots of Happenings (and good ones- not like the movie)

It occurred to me that it's been a ridiculously long time since I've updated this. Boo me. A combination of work, life, work, life, and sleep have conspired to take away any and all of my free time to blog. Well that and sheer laziness on my part at the end of the day. Why do I have free time now, you ask? Because I'm sitting at work "observing" the SAT/ ACT prep class without very much to actually do. That seems to be a common thread here at work, lots of me sitting and waiting until there is something to do.

Church was busy today. I went out to fellowship with the homeless at Peggy's Point, followed by Sunday School and making about 200 sandwiches for SEACH, followed by actual church, followed by a lunch to thank all the Sunday school teachers and community leaders for their work, at which Amy asked me to speak. Yesterday was a college community lunch followed by the Back 2 Broadway performance of "King and I" (not my favorite R&H musical, btw). Friday I had a meeting with Amy about intern-y stuff and this followed a series of emails to everyone and me going to worship planning on Monday. So yeah, its been busy. Ooh and I'm leading a discussion study group on the Screwtape Letters this semester at Rice, which I'm excited about.

On the volunteer front I still haven't heard back from UTHCPC, but I did have my TB test run for MDA PaRC and have to go in at some point and get a drug test done. At least the TB test means that I don't have to get another one done for the student health forms, which annoyingly I have to go find a doctor to just sign that I've had all my immunizations. I would go to my current doctor but that involved scheduling an appointment and I don't really want to schedule an hour out of my life for something that will take 5 minutes. I'm thinking the Redi Clinic could probably do it for me without much hassle.

Speaking of, I've finished the application part of Baylor applications. Steve, my pastor, wants to have a meeting on Friday to discuss the divinity school part. I'm trying to subtly hint at work that tutoring may be too stressful for me. If anything it's just kinda frustrating, but then I guess almost all jobs are frustrating at some point.

Not much else happening. Ryan moves in tomorrow. Laura and I got semi-accosted by a guy at her mall selling nail care products. Gillian had an awesomely classy 21st birthday at the Museum of Natural History. I really need to take a nap but alas that will not be an option for now. Perhaps I will just go to bed early.

If interested, check this site out www.notalwaysright.com

No comments: