Saturday, August 2, 2008

Partial Fractions

For the life of me I don't really remember what those are. The dreaded words reappeared in my algebra textbook- but they aren't on my algebra final review. I'm not going to worry about relearning them. All I remember is that partial fractions in high school involved a gigantic packet of information and I must have never used them again because they have been blocked from my memory. I finished my bio class with a dismal B and sociology is going to go the same way. Have I also mentioned that I really, really hate multiple-choice tests? Maybe that's why I'm doing the best in algebra. At least on those tests I have to actually do something more than simply recall a random fact from the text. Next semester's classes should be better (I hope!)

In good news, I found a new psychologist. Cigna didn't match up with anyone on the RCC referral list so I pretty much went down the list until I found a phone number that wasn't disconnected (seriously Cigna, check the numbers) and the one I found was able to see me that afternoon. Dr. Damin seems pretty cool- he has a comfortable couch anyway and is definitely more talkative than the last one I ventured to. He had me take the MMPI, which is a 582 question personality test (way more in depth than Myers-Briggs). I can't wait to find out all the various types of neuroses that I have.

Jack and I went to see Stepbrothers today. It was good, but not as good as I was hoping for. Tonight we watched some episodes of Generation Kill (new show on HBO about a fictional marine division in the beginning of the Iraqi War) that he had TiVoed. The acting is decent, although the story line moves too slowly for my tastes. All of the marines also look the same so it was difficult to really distinguish personalities.

I'm currently reading 6 books I think... The Lucifer Effect, Teenage Wasteland, Artificial Happiness, Price of Privilege, The Heroin Diaries, Ghosts from the Nursery, Addiction Counseling...okay so that's 7 books (on top of the 365-Day Bible, but that one literally will take a year to finish). I should really finish some of those soon. My problem is that I start a new book whenever I get one and I bought a whole lot with a birthday gift certificate. My new goal is to finish a book a week.

Oh and Jake saw Joel Osteen driving like an a**hole on 59. So not only is he manipulative, but apparently is a rude driver as well. :-)

No comments: