Once again the marketplace has spoken and a hurricane is approaching Houston. Why the marketplace? Because everyone goes out and spends hundreds of dollars in preparation (me included, but then I was also almost out of gas and needed groceries). I've determined that given an extended period of no electricity (i.e. no microwave) and no mobility (e.g. flooding) the cat will fare better than I will. This is due partly because I would make sure he had enough cat food and water, and partly because by the time I get out to get food stuffs all that is left is pop-tarts and beef jerky. Malnutrition here I come...
Getting gas was atrocious since I'm close to the highway and all those stations ran out of gas by late afternoon. I found one in the village that had gas and a line that only slightly stretched into infinity. Same went for picking up prescriptions from Wal-Greens. I challenge the people in line to really prove that they needed those prescriptions refilled today. My was legitimately out in two days, and being anti-anxiety medication probably not the best thing to run out of at the moment. But in the end I got the gas and the medicine and the non-perishable foods and a flashlight and the yeti prepared for tomorrow. That's right, the Yeti is weathering out the storm with me. Sweet.
Last night I saw an armadillo crossing the road in River Oaks, no lie. It didn't seem to care that my car was hurtling towards it. I also had a discussion with the shopping cart guy at Target that was warning me of the impending doom and looked suspiciously like the men with the "end is near" signs. At a church meeting today Steve threatened to have Amish lawyer'd if he made me work this weekend in the storm. I don't have to work on Saturday so he's relented. It is nice to have the grown-ups at church care about me like I was still a kid. Sometimes that can be annoying, but it's nice at times like these when my anxiety load is overwhelming.
Joel Osteen is also covering up his Lakewood Church sign to prevent damage. I vote that he should just be opening up Lakewood as a shelter since its enormous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment