1) Radically change my hair
2) Drive around at midnight on 610
3) Get a new pet
My hair is reasonably a good length right now and with the Houston curfew in effect driving around at midnight wasn't an option. So... I'm fostering a cat now. Her name is Larkin and she was rescued from Galveston after Hurricane Ike. Her owners have 10 days to claim her, otherwise I can adopt her or take her back to the HSPCA. This is working well for me for 2 reasons- 1) I can see how Larry interacts with another cat, and 2) I'm helping give a kitty someplace to live that's not a small (albeit nice) cage.
The Larry interaction has been interesting. He is very curious about her and has been hanging around where she's been hiding. No bloodlust yet. Larking (the foster cat) on the other hand is terrified and is currently hiding in my bathroom. She was hiding under my recliner earlier which was a challenge of epic proportions to get out (complete with large scratches on me from the chair). I'm hoping that she warms up to me in a few days, when the shock of moving has worn off.

No comments:
Post a Comment