Well I finally talked to Amish today. Of course, this was prompted by the fact that he thought we needed to have a conversation about being proactive and that someone didn't really like working with me (note: I've met with her once because she kept canceling appointments). What does this mean? Basically it meant me breaking into tears and telling him how I was kinda hating coming to work and that it wasn't what I was expecting and I hate the SAT and all that. Why is it so impossible for me to actually just have a normal conversation about something when I'm upset. This is like time 5479 that instead of a normal conversation, I start crying. Damn. Unfortunately after 23 years of this I don't for see it changing anytime soon.
We did decide that some more order in my schedule would help, and at least he knows that I'm not seeing this as a career anymore. I did have to chance my voicemail to sound more professional. I suppose now I'm just going to have to work on being proactive and pray that I make it through June. Marie showed up to drop off a book about college essays this evening and we chatted and that was really good. I'm just super tired now, physically and emotionally, but the cat is being sweet and curling up next to me. So that's good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just punch Amish in the face... That should solve all of your problems. :) Oh well, it's good that you are now both on the same page as far as your career path goes.
Post a Comment