Sunday, July 13, 2008

2 is fun, 3's a crowd, 4 is a full course load...

My dad emailed on Friday to let me know that he thinks I should stay on my family insurance instead of switching over to another. Fine with me, as his insurance is probably a lot better than what I would get at work. Catch is that I have to be registered for 12 hours. I was planning on taking 6 (Pharmacology of Addiction and Psychology of Personality) so I asked him if he wanted me to go ahead and add on another 6 hours. Last night I got an reply email from him telling me to go ahead and register for the additional hours. But what to take...

I have some ideas. I don't necessarily have to take distance education courses, although I'm not sure about work and time and stuff so I'll probably end up with more DE classes. If I could I would have liked to take more DAAC (Drug and Alcohol classes) but Pharmacology of Addiction is the only DE one this fall. I'm considering Anatomy and Physiology since "biological sciences" probably means human biology, not plant biology. Then there's Spanish. The DE class is conversational Spanish, not actual "learn" Spanish and I think that might come to bite me in the butt in the end. I know that at some point I want/need to learn Spanish. Duh, Houston + Social stuff = Spanish. At the same time, I'd rather take an actual in person Spanish class. So then what?

Math is out of the question. Although my Algebra midterm did go super well (I spent almost as much time staring in disbelief at its simplicity as I did working on it). History is a no-go (all of the history classes are ones I've taken a better/ more specific version of at Rice). Possibly another Psych class, although the other choices for this semester aren't super interesting. Any suggestions for classes to look into?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Anatomy and Physiology is awesome! I'll be taking seperate versions of both of those things! (But, mine will be animals.)

Anonymous said...

I'm taking A&P at HCC this fall--we could totally study together! That being said, I feel I should warn you that I've been told it's a total time-sucker, and the majority of the class is based on memorization, so it's pretty difficult. Of course, I have to get an A in it, so I put a bit more pressure on because of that. But if you end up taking it, let me know!

If you just need a random course, I took general bio with lab this summer-it's super-easy and if you have any bio background whatsoever (high school, even) it requires almost no studying, and is really interesting.