So what is my latest task at work, you ask? Hiring an Office Manager. Yep, I've only been there 1.5 months but I'm already having to post job descriptions and surreptitiously flirt with the guy at monster.com to get us an extended trial offer since its so dang expensive. I feel bad having to "thin-slice" (as Malcolm Gladwell would put it) resumes and turn down those of recent college grads. That makes me sad because I know how hard it is to graduate and find a job.
Colorado was beautiful as usual. We biked and hiked and saw 2 different nights of fireworks and even set off some ourselves. Elizabeth also took me to the small bookstore in Aspen and I fell in love with small bookstores all over again. The drive up was crazy and west Kansas is officially the most boring place to drive through in the world.
I am utterly exhausted and got a subscription to Loveline (yes, the sex talk show from MTV) so I could get the full podcasts. Now, you might think it peculiar that I, Claire, would be interested in Loveline (and no, its not completely because Dr. Drew cohosts it, although that may be a reason I started listening to it) its actually because I've come to the realization that in keeping certain subjects taboo to discuss (sex, drugs, mental health, etc.) our society is just encouraging adolescents and young adults to find subversive means to learn about them, or worse to just remain ignorant until it is too late. Therefore I am supporting open discussion.
But still not supporting Joel Osteen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment