Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday

I couldn't think of a more interesting title for this post, so I guess that it will have to be what it is. I didn't have to go into work today since the girls I'm tutoring are on vacation. Instead, I had to head over to the Hermann Memorial PaRC because the volunteer coordinator had forgotten to leave a background check release form at the front desk when I filled out the original paperwork. The only problem is that the PaRC is on Gessner (near Memorial City mall) and then down the street a couple of miles, which translates into 20 minutes of driving both ways in order to do something that would take me 5 minutes. I kinda wish I had a fax machine in order to make things like this go quicker. Oh well.

After that I went over to South Main and had a meeting with Amy about the upcoming month. Being the college intern is going to be a lot of fun, I think. Plus, she wants me to try to come to some of the planning meetings for the church as well. I have to look at my schedule but I think that I should be able to go to the worship planning meetings since those are on Monday morning and I doubt that I'll have many students on Monday morning.

Last night was Jack's 23rd birthday. We went over to his cousin's house for dinner with that group of the family and got to see his cousin's new baby (only a week old!). He was so unbelievably cute and small and cuddly. It was nice and we had grilled bison for dinner, which was fantastic. Tomorrow is an RLOS meeting to discuss the upcoming season of shows.

On a more "theoretical" tangent - Jack and I have been playing Scene-It 2 lately. Fun game, but what's exciting is how quickly the brain can process small clues about movies in milliseconds and recognize movies. Just one small clue or a letter of a word and I can figure out the movie clue. Isn't that amazing! I <3 the brain- btw, my fortune cookie today read: If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't. Really appropriate, yes?

Southpark is on and its the Sparta/ Mr/s. Garrison is a lesbian. More importantly, it involves Old Man and the Sea and a summary of the book in more than 10 words. Deborah and I could sum it up in 10 words or less. An all new Root of All Evil is on next. Yay!

No comments: