Monday, July 28, 2008

Ambien Woes

I'm not going to take Ambien anymore. I'm scared of becoming dependent on it (since it is a benzo-) and I'm also concerned that I like the feeling of being half asleep and half awake. There probably isn't anything to be worried about, but last night I took it and then decided to do some journaling and my journaling in the light of day is eerily reminiscent of things I've read by drug addicts when they are high. Regardless, I put the rest of the Ambien up so I would only take it if I had a whole lot insomnia filled nights.

In other news, I heard back from the Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation and Recovery Center today and filled out a volunteer application. Hopefully this means that I'll get to start volunteering there soon. Jack and I also went to see War, Inc tonight. It was fantastic- a very dark comedy with John Cusack. I hadn't heard much about it, but I'm glad we went. Angelika cheap date nights are the best.

I'm having a music crisis currently.

1 comment:

Kate said...

have you tried rozerem yet? it's not a sedative-- it's a melatonin reuptake inhibitor. Supposedly the same end result, but by making you sleepy instead of drugged.