It's been a few days since my last update because I have been gone for the past few days without internet access. Okay, so I was at home yesterday and Sunday but was lazy and tired and didn't update. This weekend the college Sunday school class tramped up to Jim's farm in Marquez and spent Friday night through Sunday morning chill-axing together. Seventeen college students went (I was told to hope that 5 or 6 would come) and we had Steve Rader come and teach a lesson. It was a really good message about how everything comes down to the types of relationships that we forge both with each other and with God. He also stressed the need to reexamine what we were taught as children in order to own things for ourselves. Overall it was excellent and I think everyone had a good time (even if everyone was exhausted on Sunday). PS I got to ride a tractor :-)
Work has been interesting. I've started tutoring 2 girls this week and will tutor them a total six hours each before Friday. It's amazing how different students can be and how differently the two hours I spend with them can go. It also surprises me the range of scores that pop up. Oh well...
I bought a new book called Artificial Happiness. Its basically about the medicating of America in response to minor depression. I thought that it would be interesting since I found the other book that I was ranting about last week. The interesting part is that it's written by an anesthesiologist so I'm not sure how much expertise he has. It does raise some good points, but seems to lack substance. My books for the fall are also starting to come in. Yay! It looks like its going to rain and I kinda want to take a nap. I need to take an algebra test tonight and write a sociology paper by Thursday.
I think I'll take the nap first though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment