I've been all allergy-y this morning and last night. Boo allergies. I love Houston except for them. And the heat. And the traffic. But other than that... I finally went grocery shopping yesterday morning. A couple in the produce section took pity on me, I think because I was quite disheveled looking since I just figured I would shower after I got back, and offered me a whole wad of coupons. A few of them were pretty good, but I didn't really need them either. I bought the Kroger brand of Cap'n Crunch Berries. It actually wasn't too bad. I just ate it for breakfast. Nom Nom Nom.
I've also started reading reading The Bell Jar. It's pretty good so far. I'm worried that I have too high of hopes for it. In almost every book about psychology I've read (including textbooks) Plath is referenced at some point. I've been meaning to read it for a while. Ugh. I'm feeling emotionally wonky as well. I guess its because everyone is either moving away or moving along the "becoming an adult" ladder. I feel like I'm just standing in one place, trying to reach out and catch up. I'm worried that at some point distance among us will be terminal. Don't get me wrong, I know that eventually I'll progress along, but will everyone still stay two steps ahead of me?
Today I'm headed to Cypress with Gillian to be fitted for my bridesmaid dress. Tonight Deborah is coming to spend the night and catch up since she's been in France for the past semester and is headed to Boston in the fall. I had a bad dream about all of my Sid friends dispersing to various parts of the country.
And I'm still here in Houston in my apartment by myself and a cat. I should get another cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment