Yesterday was the meeting with Amy. We talked a lot about church and stuff and it was fun. We also talked about the college class and the post-college class and transitioning into the other class, but the exciting part is that she wants me to be the college class intern for the second half of the summer since our current one is going to go work on her masters starting in July. I'm super excited about getting to plan things for us, both fun and service related
Today I took an algebra test (it's amazing how hard it is to transition to not having a calculator) and did some homework. Then I headed over to South Main to help decorate for KidQuest. I am the laminating queen apparently. I was working in a room with a bunch of little girls and it was hilarious to hear the games that they made up to play. I really miss being able to play those games. Afterwards, Jack picked me up and we went with Elizabeth and her friend Brittany to the Astros game. Ultimately the Yankees won, but I got to high five the bunny mascot and I caught a ball that bounced off Johnny Damon's bat and into the photographer's box area. I was quietly sitting and working on a cross stitch, but one of the guys lobbed it over to me and I caught it, super exciting.
We went to go see The Happening last night as well. Don't go see it. It was way more graphic in its depictions of suicides than it needed to be. Like I was on the verge of a panic attack towards the end because I just can't handle people violently killing themselves, even if it is do to a neurological-chemical reaction thing. Still... Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel were really good in it. I kinda love Mark Wahlberg currently. I think I may read some before bed. I finished The Bell Jar and When You Are Engulfed in Flames. Both were excellent reads. I've started Augusten Burrough's Wolf at the Table. I like it so far, but I haven't had much time to read lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment