Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Books, New Places

I woke up ridiculously early today. Wide awake. Luckily I convinced myself to go back to sleep after about 30 minutes of deciding nothing good was on television. Although based on the shows that were on I was able to ascertain later in the day that it was Nazi day on the History Channel.

Wake up attempt 2 went better. I had the privilege of watching Yo Gabba Gabba, the most amazing and trippy kids program currently on. Gillian and I went shopping this afternoon for a bathing suit for her honeymoon. There was a really cute one at Old Navy that she ended up getting. Then we went to Barnes and Noble. I bought the new Dave Sedaris book (I love his work soooo much) and the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath just because its referenced in like every book on psychology I've ever read and I figured its about time I picked it up. Maybe it will also make me seem deeper and brooding.

Laura and I went to Catalina (really cute coffee shop near the Heights) and she helped me stumble through my physics work. At least on the questions that had answers in the back we could check and had gotten them correct. Good grief I'm not sure how I got through physics the first time and I pity the person I have to tutor in it. It's just too much conceptual stuff. I can't read a problem and realize that there needs to be like 7 steps to get one answer. But hanging with Laura was fun and I liked Catalina. Afterwards we met Mara and some of Laura's other coffee house friends at Valhalla and sat on the Keck Lec steps for about an hour and just kinda chilled. It was nice and makes me wish that I had spent more time meeting people at Rice, not that I don't love my friends, but I'm slowly realizing how few people I met over the 4 years, especially in my class.

I have work tomorrow in the late morning so I should probably be going to bed.

Salut

No comments: