Sunday, June 8, 2008

Service

I wish I was a better servant. Today we started the sandwich making project for SEARCH. Four people showed up, which was slightly disappointing considering how many people are in my Sunday school class, but we were able to make 50 sandwiches. It just seems so insignificant though. Those 50 sandwiches will feed 25 people, but that's 25 out of thousands that don't have food or shelter or even just fresh water. I really want to just be able to do more but I'm lost as to how.

Deborah came this weekend and spent the night. It was nice seeing her again and catching up on her life in France for the past six months. Larry seemed happy that she came. I got my KidQuest assignment today. I'll be herding the 4 year olds around. They are actually letting me be the adult volunteer for the group. When did that happen? At what point did I become an adult, I feel the same way as I did in high school, only several years older. I'm trying to serve on more committees (or for that point any committees) and I think that I'm going to apply to volunteer at the UT Harris County Psychiatric Center. They take volunteers to help with the patients and maybe I'll feel slightly more productive if I'm helping more people.

Discovery Health has a special on about women who didn't know they were pregnant. I hope that never happens to me. Most of them didn't think they could get pregnant and then stopped taking birth control, then wham! 9 months later suddenly there's a baby. I stopped taking my Yaz. I mostly didn't want to go find a new doctor to get a prescription for it. Its not like I really need it anyway but I'm not sure how this is all going to play out with the hormonal changes and all that stuff. I also need to call Dr. Solway this week and probably Dr. Hernandez. I'm supposed to see Hernandez in July anyway. I've been putting off Solway cause I really don't want to go back and talk to him. We're just not clicking the way I did with Baumgartner.

I like the Romanoffs as well. We watched Anastasia tonight. I wish I was a Russian princess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire! You'll have to tell me how volunteering at the psych place works out for you--I'm thinking of getting some medical-type volunteering in during the next year while I wait to get in to nursing school.

I've heard Yaz has some really bad side-effects, was that true? I went off of mine as well due to horrible problems with it, and those "oops, didn't know I was pregnant" stories TERRIFY me since I drink and don't take vitamins...
-Easton