There is this delicious drink called Nantucket Nectar. Elizabeth and Jack turned me on to it two summers ago in Colorado. Last week I spotted a chilled bottle at Kroger, and since I have overcome my aversion to mangoes, I picked up a bottle of mango-orange juice to have with lunch. Needless to say, I have now become addicted to it at random times. Almost like crack. Or at least how I would imagine it would be if I was addicted to crack. But I digress... Coming home from dinner with my mom and brother tonight, I decided to stop at Central Market and see if they had anything more than a single bottle, thinking that since it is an obscure drink, Central Market would definitely have it. Nope, not even chilled. Onward to Rice Epicurean I went and was disappointed once again. I finally had to give up and just go to Kroger. How is it that this obscure specialty drink is available at Kroger, but not at the specialty food stores in Houston.
I was sick today, I don't know what I ate but I just felt horrible. I'm slightly concerned that there might be some pesticide residue inside my microwave from when I had to kill the gnats, and when I cooked my hotpockets last night it was absorbed. I looked up the symptoms of pesticide poisoning. That was completely unhelpful. Half of the symptoms were ones that could just be indicative of bad allergies or a cold/ the flu. The other half was split between possible ones I didn't have, and ones that are kinda present when I'm randomly stressed out anyway - like paranoia and anxiety. So that was the antithesis of helpfulness. I'm still not feeling great. It may just be because I stopped taking the Yaz so my body is readjusting and because I was late on refilling the other and with allergies I'm just all out of whack. Or it could just be the weirdness that summer has always brought on. It's weird because most people are unhappy and anxious in the winter, like Seasonal Affective Disorder. I've always been the opposite and the summer is harder for me.
Birthday in three weeks. I can't believe that I'll be 23. I'm not ready for a birthday this soon after graduating. It doesn't seem fair to have two big "you should be an adult now" events in less than 2 months time span.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment